Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jerk SpicedTilapia

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 4 tilapia fillets

METHODS

  1. Combine herbs and spices in a small bowl and mix well.
  2. Coat tilapia fillets with olive oil. Pat both sides with spices.
  3. Sauté each fillet until just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook!

This is really yummy! Low-fat and perfect for hot days. I am without a BBQ so I did it on my foreman. I bet it is extra yummy on the BBQ. I didn't coat mine with Olive oil, I just put spices directly on it. Seemed to work. I was saving the calories.

This recipe was taken from my eat clean book by Tosca Reno.

No comments: