Thursday, August 28, 2008
Why didn't I think of this. I so needed this over the summer! This keeps all your meal time necessitys organized and easy to tote around. Get your travel set here!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Monkeymoo stroller pad. Change up your stroller with a fun design and switch sides when you want to use the chenille comfy side! Yes they are machine washable.
• Conveniently adapts to any stroller
• Reversible for hip Moms wanting variety
• Machine washable
• Fits all 5-point harness compatible strollers
• Doubles as a change pad for those on-the-go Moms
All printed fabrics are 100% cotton
Swirl chenille fabric is 100% polyester
Check out your local farmers markets to get the best produce in town. Also less expensive!
Peaches - these are a good source of vitamin C and I love adding frozen peaches to my protein shakes.
Grapes - these make a great quick snack. They are a good source of vitamins C and K. Have you ever tried frozen grapes? They also are good tossed into a salad or to eat with cheese.
Cantaloupe - another favorite and packed with vitamins A and C. It is great to eat for breakfast.
Cherries - I absolutely love cherries but they can get rather expensive. They contain vitamin C and fiber. You can add these to salads and smoothies but I enjoy them best as they are.
Mangoes - this is another fruit I enjoy as is but you can easily add to a salad or smoothie. They are good sources of vitamins A and C.
Watermelon - I think this is the ultimate summer fruit. I like this one served as cold as possible. Good source of vitamins A and C.
Clean eaters often enjoy a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast or sometimes during the day. Have you ever wondered the difference between steel-cut oats versus rolled oats? There are several differences between it and the typical rolled oat variety. These include:
- Much longer cooking time (30 minutes)
- More cholesterol lowering soluble fiber than other oatmeal
- Takes longer to digest so you stay fuller longer
- Chopped with steel blades resulting in a “chewier” oatmeal
Have you tried steel cut oats?
Thursday, August 21, 2008
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Combine herbs and spices in a small bowl and mix well.
- Coat tilapia fillets with olive oil. Pat both sides with spices.
- Sauté each fillet until just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook!
This is really yummy! Low-fat and perfect for hot days. I am without a BBQ so I did it on my foreman. I bet it is extra yummy on the BBQ. I didn't coat mine with Olive oil, I just put spices directly on it. Seemed to work. I was saving the calories.
This recipe was taken from my eat clean book by Tosca Reno.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Cold & Creamy Banana Pudding
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant pudding and pie filling
2 cups (1 pint) whipped cream, whipped*
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water.
- Add pudding mix and beat until well blended.
- Chill 5 minutes in refrigerator.
- Fold in whipped topping.Cool whip is fine if thawed a little bit (Do this slowly and as few times as you possible to combine, so the mixture will retain its thickness.)
- Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl.
- Top with 1/3 each of wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat twice.
- Garnish as desired.
- Chill thoroughly. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Recipe from Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook, 1993.
I got this idea from one of my favorite websites. Paint your toes the color you desire. Let them fully dry. Use your craft tool and dot your polka dots onto your toes. (you can get it at any major craft stores) You can use craft paint or white polish. Craft paint works better and stays longer. Fun for back to school!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Long name for a pretty cool new product by Garnier. It’s a given that everyone, not just women, hates to have puffy eyes and/or dark circles. Garnier’s new Anti-Puff Eye Roller works to soothe and cool the area helping in eliminating the puffiness and dark circles. Try it! Hopefully you will love your new little cosmetic tool!