Monday, March 30, 2009

No flaking!






For years I have tried to find a mascara that does not flake, run or smear. Flaking being my number one issue. In addition, I have blonde eyelasshes so not wearing mascara is not an option!

I finally thought to go to my "cosmetic bible" Paula Begoun's, "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me."

"Paula Begoun has many years of experience in cosmetics. She debunks many makeup and skin care myths perpetrated by the beauty industry. One of the biggest myths is that more expensive products are better than cheaper ones. In the book, Ms. Begoun recommends makeup and skincare products in all price ranges and brands. She focuses on the product's composition and performance." -AP blogger

I decided to try one of the inexpensive mascaras she recommended. Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara. Literally, it is $2.75 at Target.
"The formula contains hydrogels that form an ultra-smooth film on the lashes that is ideal for building layer upon layer with no clumps and no lashes sticking together."- Rimmel.com

I have been using it for 2 weeks and really did not realize how much I love it until yesterday when I used an old mascara I had in my purse. I had flakes all over my face! Today I really payed attention as I applied the Rimmel... it layers well and I have not had a flake or smear all day. Dare I say that I have finally found the perfect mascara. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Thanks for the tip! and thanks for posting something!